Sunday, April 17, 2016

2 Berberis thunbergii pre-bonsai's

Here are two barberrys that I found after looking through many over the years. I could never find material with single trunks. Most shrubs you find at these establishments have multi stem trunks. Although fine in a landscape, it doesn't work so well when it comes to bonsai.
Barberry 1
Barberry 1
Barberry 1
I forgot to take a picture of the work but here is the tree now cutback and in a bonsai pot. Still not a bonsai yet. 



The second barberry has amazing nebari also still no work has been done to this one yet. But it needs a repotting bad. I'm guessing both have these have been in these gallon pots for atleast 3 years maybe longer.

Barberry 2
Barberry 2
Barberry 2
The roots are amazing check them out!






This one I decided to put in the same gallon pot it was in but cut the pot to less then half. Here is the tree now.






1 comment: