Sunday, July 14, 2013

Bonsai doesn't have to cost money. Just time.

Bonsai does not have to cost one money. I really needed a turntable for my trees so I could start styling. I now have over 200 trees. Atleast 20-30 of them can start to have their first styling..
So I got the idea to make my own bonsai turntable from an old computer chair, thanks to the other bonsai blogs around the net. 

I took a computer chair, disassembled it just to use the spinning mechanism.

Screwed on a piece of scrap wood.

Spray painted the wood with outdoor spray to make it look somewhat decent.

The free turntable in all of it's glory with its first client.

Azalea meet turntable. Side 1

Side 2

Side 3

Side 4
Oh yea that's my yamadori azalea. All it costs was my time. I love Bonsai. 
One day, Bonsai and I will be one

1 comment:

  1. Hi I agree it doesnt have to cost a lot of money and also its more fun that way anyway like your ideas and I mainly have pines with most in the pre bonsai stage mainly Mugo, japanese red pine, chinese white Pine, Scots pine and 1 large Jap black pine and about 200 seedings also have a few other different plants like privet and others nice to meet you my name is Shane

    ReplyDelete